- How to become a paid member on Local3ders
- Membership Information
- How do I cancel my paid member account or convert it to a free member account?
- What are the differences between Free membership and Basic membership regarding posting sale ads?
- Banner advertising on local3ders
- For Buyer
- How long does it take to build my model or prototype?
- How do I convert my CAD design into STL file?
- What are the accepted payment modes?
- What files do accept for 3D printing?
How do I convert my CAD design into STL file?
Sources like YouTube provide in depth guides for exporting your CAD files to STL format. Listed below are some major 3D modeling software examples:
Autodesk inventor: Save copy as > select STL format from drop-down.
Standard Google SketchUp: Download STL exporter from google warehouse
Solidworks: Select File > Save as, then export as STL format.
Pro/Engineer: Select File > Save a copy > Type > Select STL format.
AutoCad: (Only works for 3D model) Select File > Export > Select STL format under options.
Rhino: File > Export selected as STL format > Select Binary > Under mesh options more details, Set max angle = 20, max aspect ratio = 6, minimum edge length = 0.0001 > Done